Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The beginning

500 people eating from dishes that I prepared in "Al Eman" mosque in greater Miami- 2004 for a new born baby celebration..That was the last memory I had of me cooking in Miami..It all started when I once had cravings for a "Chicken Machboos". At that time I could barerly spell cooking!So the first thing I did was calling my dear mom..Gowwa yumma..can you please teach me how to do it. I kept calling her all day trying to get the exact instructions for the machboos..So I went to the Indian supermarket in 163rd st. to buy all the stuff needed; spices, chicken, basmati rice...etc to cook that machboos..of course I ended up throwing most of it into the garbage because it was a disaster on a dish!Later on, I vowed..I will not rest until I eat my machboos..That is when I discover that I am passionate not only about machboos but cooking itself..So I kept practicing and cooking and trying all sorts of dishes using the taste buds of my friends..my ginny pigs.And here I will keep practicing and learning with you all about cooking...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. MY FRIEND ,,I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST,,AND I WILL BE ALWAYS HONOURED FOR YOU TO PRACTICE ON ME,,CUS WHAT EVER I TASTED FROM YOUR COOKING CAN BE BRIEF IN ONE WORD,,,WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

    ReplyDelete